- Member Since: June 25, 2022
How To Install Mods On Minecraft (Mac & PC)
Since a while, Minecraft mods have been in the news. Modifications have been a bit less popular since Minecraft first came out. Today, however, Minecraft is once again growing in popularity, following the recent major updates the game received. So, many players are wondering how to install mods in Minecraft, both Mac users as well as PC users. Below is the complete process.
How to Install Mods on PC & Mac - Minecraft
Minecraft Forge is the application that players need to start installing mods in Minecraft. That being said, you'll need Minecraft Forge for both PC and Mac mods.
More Minecraft Guides:
How to Find the Buried Treasure in Minecraft
How to Install Mods on a PC
Installing Forge – PC
1. Java Version. 5.0 2. Go to the Minecraft Forge Page.
3. Choose a model from the menu on the left side of the screen.
4. Then, click on "Installer" under the 'Download Recommended menu to the right.
5. Once it's downloaded, open the file. Select 'Install Client' and then click 'OK'..
Installing Mods Installing Mods PC
Mods can be downloaded from a variety of websites, including MinecraftMods, CurseForge, and some others. Here's what a typical mod installation looks like:
1. Visit a mod downloading site, and search for the mod you want to install.
2. You must make sure that you download the correct version of Forge for the platform you have installed Forge.
3. After downloading the mod in the version which is compatible open the Start menu and type "%appdata%".
4. Go to .minecraft, and then open the mods folder.
5. Drag and drop the mod that you've downloaded into the folder.
You can then decide if mods are enabled or disabled by going to the Mods menu in Minecraft. Forge gives you total control over this.
How do I Install Mods on Mac
Installing Forge Mac
1. Go to the Forge Download Site.
2. Select the Minecraft version you want to install mods from the menu.
3. Next, click the "Download Recommended" menu to download the installer.
4. Go to the downloads directory, and open the Forge installer.
5. Select "Install Client Click OK.
Create a Mods Folder - Mac
1. Open Finder, and then go to Library.
2. Go to Application Support, and then Minecraft and create a folder called 'mods'.
Installing Mods Installing Mods Mac
To get the mods you're looking for, visit sites such as MinecraftMods, CurseForge and other websites. Minecraft pixelmon servers The following steps will assist you install mods for Minecraft on Mac:
1. Locate an mod on a modding website and download it. It should be compatible with your Forge.
2. Then open the mods folder you previously created.
3. Drag and drop the mod that you downloaded into the mods folder!
4. That's it.
When you launch Minecraft, make sure that you are running it with the Forge version selected. In other words mods won't work. You can also enable or deactivate mods by using the mods menu in the main menu.